On-demand webinarAustralia | 0.5 CPD point
Finding a buyer for a distressed asset is only half the challenge. Success is measured by getting the deal done and navigating the transaction risks along the way.
In any merger or acquisition, the applicability of the ACCC merger clearance regime and any requirement for FIRB approval needs early consideration. This imperative will only be heightened as a result of the economic impact of COVID-19 and the likelihood of an increase in distressed sales involving potential or actual competitors.
What do insolvency practitioners need to know about these matters in the context of a distressed transaction? Why are they important and how do you ensure they do not disrupt your sale process?
Join our partners Jonathon Turner and Claire Forster to examine these topics, including:
- When ACCC clearance is required
- Why ACCC clearance should factor into your deal strategy
- FIRB clearance
- Competition issues through the lens of insolvency
- Considerations when a target is in financial difficulty
- How the sale process may be impacted
- The interplay with obligations under the Corporations Act
Jonathon and Claire will share with you their experience and insights based on some real-life case studies.
Find out more about our Competition and Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practices.
Did you miss our last webinar? Watch now Getting the Deal Done – Managing technology assets and IP rights in VAs and distressed sales