Richard Bruce Lewis
Global Head of Compliance
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Richard Bruce LewisvCard
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Government relations and public policy
- Intellectual property
Key industry sectors
Richard Lewis is a partner based in Melbourne. He is the firm's head of risk and general counsel.
Prior to his current role, Richard was head of the firm's Australian corporate practice, and was a corporate/M&A lawyer advising clients in relation to acquisitions and disposals, large infrastructure and procurement projects and competition matters, across a range of industries, including energy, telecommunications, technology, food and beverage and defence.
Richard is recognised by his peers as a leading lawyer in the three separate areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Regulatory and Energy, by his inclusion in each of those categories in the Best Lawyers® Australia publication for 2010 – 2017 inclusive.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Melbourne (1984)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne (1984)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 1985
- Consistently voted by peers as one of Australia's Best Lawyers in Mergers & Acquisitions, Regulatory and Energy (2010 - 2017)
- Member of the Competition and Consumer Law Committee of the Business Law Council of Australia