Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Jackie O'Brien is an intellectual property lawyer based in Sydney. She has more than 30 years' experience in IP litigation including trade mark, copyright and patent litigation and is highly regarded for her skill in project managing large and complex IP litigation matters, particularly those with global implications. As a brand protection specialist, Jackie is also experienced in trade mark oppositions, domain name disputes and the management of online and social media strategies.
Described as the 'consummate professional' by a major client she has demonstrated legal and technical versatility in matters across a broad range of industry sectors including pharmaceuticals, mining, food technology, lighting technology, media and entertainment, and financial services.
She is ranked in Chambers Global, Best Lawyers, Managing Intellectual Property and World Trade Mark Review as a leader in her field, and won the Partner of the Year Award in the 2014 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards for the strength of her practice, the contribution she makes to the firm's corporate social responsibility program and her role as a mentor to other women.
Jackie has been a member of Norton Rose Fulbright Australia's Management Committee, is Chair of the firm's CSR Committee, National Pro Bono Partner, and a member of the firm's National Diversity & Inclusion and Graduate Recruitment Committees.
- BA LLB UNSW
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 1984
- High Court of Australia 1985
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2001
- Chambers Global (Trade Mark & Copyright) 2003 to date
- Best Lawyers
- World Trade Mark Reporter
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Star 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Who's Who Legal - Trade Marks
- Partner of the Year - Lawyers Weekly 2014
- Finalist - Partner of the Year - Women in Law Awards 2014
- Australian Law Awards - Finalist - Best in IP Litigation - Australasian Women in Business Law Awards 2013 & 2014
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney
- Notary Public
- Chair - Norton Rose Fulbright CSR Committee
- Norton Rose Fulbright National Pro Bono Partner
- Member - Norton Rose Fulbright National Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Member - Norton Rose Fulbright Graduate Recruitment Committee
Publication | February 19, 2020
Webinar | November 26, 2019
Publication | October 22, 2019