Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Sally-Ann Rowland is a real estate lawyer based in Melbourne.
She has broad experience in real estate including development and land subdivisions (residential estates, apartments and childcare), energy projects (including wind and solar farm developments), acquisitions and disposals, leasing and finance approvals.
Sally-Ann has worked for a variety of clients over the years including developers, financial institutions, statutory bodies, landlords and tenants.
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Laws (honours), 2011
- Columbia University, Masters in Fine Art, 2002
- University of South Australia, Bachelor of Visual Arts, 1997
- University of Adelaide, Bachelor of Arts (honours), 1996
- Coles – acting for Coles entities on retail and industrial leasing, site acquisition and GAIC structuring.
- JR Group – acting for JR Group for landlord leasing in Melbourne.
- Amazon – acting for Amazon for tenant leasing in Melbourne.
- GM Holden Ltd – acted for GMH in relation to the disposal of industrial sites in Victoria and South Australia.
- BP – acted on the AU$1.8 billion acquisition of approximately 550 leasehold service stations throughout Australia from Woolworths.
- Accenture Limited – acted for Accenture for tenant leasing in Melbourne and Adelaide.
- Stockland residential estates – acted for Stockland on the structuring and delivery of residential estates in Victoria and specialist advice on GAIC structuring.
- Peet Limited – acted for Peet providing specialist advice on GAIC structuring for residential estates in Victoria.
- Anglican Diocesan Schools Commission (Diocese of Melbourne) Ltd – acted in relation to the purchase of land and development of a school as part of a new residential estate in Victoria.
- LaSalle Investment Management – acted for LaSalle Investment Management for the acquisition of an office building at 380 Docklands Drive, Docklands and landlord leasing for 555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
- VEDT Management Pty Ltd – acted for VEDT in relation to the acquisition, development and leasing of childcare centres across Australia including the sale of 9 childcare centres to Arena REIT Management in 2017.
- Arena REIT Management – acted for Arena 2015 – 2017 in relation to the acquisition, development and leasing of childcare centres across Australia.
- The Trust Company Limited – acted for the Trust Company in relation to the leasing of police stations and court buildings to the State of Victoria.
- Power Plant Equipment – acted in relation to lease and agreements for lease for power station sites in South Australia.
- QIC – acted in relation to the real estate aspects of the installation of rooftop solar systems, electric vehicle charging stations and battery energy storage systems at retail sites.
- LOGOS Property – acted in relation to the real estate aspects of the installation of rooftop solar systems at retail and industrial sites.
- Bungala solar farm – acted on real estate due diligence on the acquisition the 275 MW Bungala solar farm by an international consortium comprised of Enel Green Power and a Dutch Infrastructure Fund.
- Gannawarra solar farm – advised Wirsol Energy on the real estate aspects of the 60MW Gannawarra Solar Farm in Kerang, Victoria.
- Baringhup and Echuca solar farm – advised RES Australia Pty Ltd on due diligence, option deeds and lease agreements for solar farms in Baringhup and Echuca, Victoria.
- South Australian solar farms – acted on real estate due diligence for a proposed acquisition and development of 30 MW projects in South Australia.
- Lincoln Gap wind farm – acted on real estate due diligence for a 212 MW windfarm in South Australia.
- Wangaratta solar farm – acted on real estate due diligence for a 20 MW solar farm in North Wangaratta, Victoria.
- Murra Warra wind farm – acted on real estate due diligence for a windfarm capacity of 226MW, in Horsham, Victoria.
- Participant in the Property Council of Australia 500 Women in Property, 2019
- Member of Victorian Women Lawyers, 2019