Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Timothy Chan is an insurance lawyer based in Sydney.
Tim advises on corporate regulatory and contentious insurance matters. He has experience with the establishment of insurance businesses, major transactions, distribution, alternative risk transfer structures and insurance & reinsurance disputes. Tim is also a key member of the Australian InsurTech regulatory practice and regularly works with insurers, brokers and start-ups on new insurance ventures and products.
Tim enjoys understanding his clients' commercial objectives in order to develop strategies and solutions. He is an ANZIIF certified insurance professional (CIP), serves on the NSW Committee of Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs) as the Communications Officer and is a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association and Reinsurance Discussion Group.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons Class I), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (Distinction), University of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
- ANZIIF Certified Insurance Professional (CIP)
- NSW Committee Member, Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand (YIPs)
- Member, NSW Reinsurance Discussion Group
- Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
Publication | July 14, 2021
Publication | June 13, 2021
Publication | May 10, 2021
Publication | April 12, 2021