Registered Foreign Lawyer
Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Maxime Vanhollebeke is an antitrust, competition and regulatory lawyer based in Hong Kong.
Maxime advises international companies on emerging antitrust regimes in East Asia, and Asian companies on global competition compliance issues, multi-jurisdictional merger filings, abuse of market power issues and international cartel investigations. Maxime advises clients in a wide range of sectors, including automotive, life sciences, shipping, air transport, postal services, banking and insurance, petrochemicals, mining, commodities and FMCG. His practice is informed by his prior experience as an in-house competition advisor in Europe, where Maxime worked extensively on abuse of market power, cartel-like behaviour and state aid issues.
Maxime regularly publishes and participates in conferences or seminars on Asia competition law issues and he has been actively involved in training programmes for Asian competition regulators.
Maxime is a foreign registered lawyer (Hong Kong) and a member of the Bar in New York. He speaks French (native), English and Dutch.
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
Recent publications and presentations include:
- Minority Participations and Merger Control Filing Requirements in East Asia, in Competition Policy International, (November 2014) [co-authored with Hu Shan]
- CPL Enforcement and Competition Advocacy: The Experience of Hong Kong, AEGC Capacity Building Workshop, Impact and Benefits of Competition Policy and Law on Business in ASEAN, Brunei Darussalem, (November 2012).
- Reform in Hong Kong: A new cross-sector competition law has been introduced, Competition Law Insight, July 2012 issue [co-authored with Marc Waha]
- China adds muscle to its merger enforcement powers, in China Law and Practice, February 2012 issue [co-authored with Marc Waha].
- Structuring Options: Merger and Competition Law Constraints, in China Outbound Investments - A Guide to Law and Practice, CCH, June 2011 [co-authored with Marc Waha]
- China merger control - Two years on, in India Competition Law Reports (October 2010) [co-authored with Marc Waha]
Publication | September 23, 2021
Publication | June 10, 2021
Publication | May 11, 2021
Publication | May 04, 2021