Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Martin Irwin is a corporate lawyer based in Melbourne.
Martin advises institutional and strategic investors, and domestic and international financial institutions on complex and high profile transactions.
- University of Melbourne, BA, LLB (Hons)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 1999
- Advised an Asian based strategic infrastructure investor bidding for 100 per cent ownership of Bingo Industries, a large waste disposal company.
- Advised a participant in the winning consortium for the Port of Melbourne.
- Advised PacHydro on its bid for the Bald Hills Wind Farm.
- Advising Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its acquisition of a 20 per cent interest in Plenary Group Holdings.
- Advising Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in relation to the acquisition by it of a 24.99 per cent stake (representing an investment of $1.25 billion) in the entity acquiring the TransGrid transmission assets.
- Advised WorleyParsons on the sale of the Exmouth Power Station.
- Advising NatSteel Holdings, a subsidiary of Tata Steel, on the vendor financing aspects of the divestment of their Australian steel business.
- Advised Ontario Teachers Pension Plan in connection with an agribusiness investment.
- Advising the Australian Electricity Marketing Authority on the tender and drafting and negotiating the documentation for its $75 million corporate and transactional facilities.
- Advised an Asian based infrastructure investor on its bid for ANZ Terminals.
- Advised Nextgen Group on the financing from HSBC and Morgan Stanly of its Skiron sub-sea cable.
- Law Institute Victoria
- Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
July 17, 2020
December 19, 2019
June 26, 2019
Publication | June 10, 2020
Publication | April 30, 2020
Publication | April 01, 2020
Publication | July 2019