Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Martin Irwin is a partner in the Projects and Construction team based in Melbourne.
Martin advises institutional and strategic investors, and domestic and international financial institutions on complex and high profile transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Martin regularly advises foreign investors on Australian corporate regulatory requirements in connection with their investments including FIRB, structuring to help achieve efficient distribution outcomes and general corporate advice including in connection with joint ventures and similar transactions.
His extensive knowledge across corporate, projects and project financing matters means he truly understands the need to balance the acquisition structure with the ongoing development and financing strategy and he is front and center of the current structures being used to achieve this.
- University of Melbourne, BA, LLB (Hons)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 1999
- TOTAL on its synthetic infrastructure arrangement with Global Infrastructure Partners in connection with its 27.5% interest in the Gladstone LNG Project in Queensland for consideration of US$750 million.
- Advised Neoen on the sale and divestment of the 60MW Gilgandra Solar Farm including all due diligence.
- Acciona on the restructure of its investments in the Sydney Light Rail Project including negotiating the terms of the restructure of its equity investment by way of debt/equity hybrid instrument.
- OMERS Infrastructure on its proposed investment in the WestConnex toll road privatisation including negotiating the terms of the downstream security holders' agreement and advising on the proposed investor agreement with the State.
- Advising Clenergy and the project company on all aspects of the development and sale of the Metz Solar Farm (115MW).
- Advising Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on its investment into a large scale wind development project (Forest Wind Farm) in QLD including unique approvals pathways (subsequently aborted)..
- Advised Renew Estate on the 120MW Bomen solar farm as well as the 300MW Rodds Bay solar farm.
- An institutional investor on its investment in the Outer Suburban Roads PPP by way of a fixed return hybrid debt/equity instrument.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in relation to its acquisition of an interest in 7 PPPs including Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Single LEAP 1 and Single LEAP 2, Melbourne Convention Centre and Biosciences and the drafting and negotiation of multi asset shareholder agreements and on its acquisition of a 20% interest in Plenary Group.
- Advised Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its acquisition of a 20 per cent interest in Plenary Group Holdings.
- Lend Lease and Australian Catholic Superfund on its disposal of the equity in the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital Car Park PP.
- Law Institute Victoria
- Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
July 16, 2021
July 17, 2020
December 19, 2019
Publication | May 07, 2021
Publication | February 23, 2021
Publication | December 01, 2020
Publication | October 19, 2020