Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Christian McMahon is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney.
Christian focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Christian also advises on joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate restructures and general corporate and commercial matters.
Christian has experience in acting for domestic and international clients on complex corporate transactions. This experience has been gained through working with clients from a wide range of industries and sectors. Having previously practiced in the United Arab Emirates (both in Dubai and Abu Dhabi) for another leading law firm, Christian is experienced in advising on corporate structures and issues that arise on complex cross-border transactions. He has also previously advised commercial clients in relation to favourable offshore corporate structuring (involving Cayman Islands and BVI holding companies), which has given him an understanding of certain offshore structuring for transactions and an understanding of the broader BVI and Cayman Islands legal landscape.
Christian is committed to assisting his clients by meeting their commercial objectives through the provision of robust, tailored and pragmatic legal advice.
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of Technology, Sydney (2011 - 2013).
- Bachelor of Business from the University of Technology, Sydney (2008 - 2010).
- St Aloysius College, Sydney (2002 - 2007).
- High Court of Australia 2014
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2014
- International Petroleum Investment Company PJSC (IPIC) - an Abu Dhabi-based Sovereign wealth fund on its merger with Mubadala Development Company PJSC to create the 14th largest state-owned investment fund globally with more than US$125billion combined total assets, completed in 2017.
- Saudi Telecom Company - on its subscription for a minority stake in Careem Inc., the app-based peer-to-peer ride-hailing service in the Middle East and North Africa, completed in 2017.
- Hapag-Lloyd AG - on its acquisition of United Arab Shipping Company Limited, a container carrier company located in the Middle East, completed in May 2017.
- Smiths Detection US Holdings LLC - on its acquisition of the UAE owned assets as part of the global Morpho detection business from Morpho USA, Inc. and Safran USA, Inc.
- Unilabs, Laboratoires D'analyses Medicales SA (a swiss-based medical diagnostics company) - on its acquisition of a majority stake of Scientific Clinical Laboratories, a Dubai-based medical diagnostics clinical laboratory, completed in July 2017.
- Qatar Water and Electricity Company (second largest utility company in the MENA region) - on its acquisition of a minority stake in Dutch-based AES Baltic Holdings B.V. for the construction and operation of a 241 mega watt power plant in Jordan.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia