Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Megan Schroor is a planning and environment lawyer based in Melbourne.
Megan has experience acting for developers, private land owners, educational institutions and government authorities in proceedings at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria. She regularly co-ordinates projects involving a team of counsel, designers and experts from a range of fields.
In recent years, Megan has advised clients on a wide range of planning and environmental matters relating to environmental effects statements, residential rezoning proposals in urban growth areas, the amendment, extension and cancellation of planning permits, section 173 agreements, development contributions and public open space contributions.
She also has expertise in compulsory land acquisition, restrictive covenants and planning compliance and enforcement.
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2005
- Appearing on behalf of the proponent in a planning scheme amendment to rezone land in Botanic Ridge from Farming to General Residential (Amendment C225, Botanic Ridge Stage 4).
- Acting for developers in relation to apartment and townhouse development proposals around Melbourne including Collingwood, North Melbourne, Flemington, Heidelberg and Ringwood.
- Acting for a developer in negotiations with Macedon Ranges Shire Council to settle the terms of a section 173 agreement for the provision of infrastructure and payment of other contributions associated with the development of 500+ residential lots in Kyneton.
- Assisting AA Holdings Pty Ltd to obtain planning approvals for twin freeway service centres on the Peninsula Link Freeway, Geelong Bypass and Pakenham Freeway and providing ongoing advice in relation to these service centres and other service stations in and around Melbourne.
- Representing the University of Melbourne in the Melbourne Metro Rail EES Advisory Committee hearing and preparing subsequent submissions following Ministerial approval of the Project.
- Advising the Department of Education and Training and a number of secondary schools (including Darul Ulum College, Yarra Valley Grammar, Camberwell Grammar and Hillcrest Christian College) on a planning, easement and road related issues, section 173 agreements and planning approvals for staged campus re-developments.
- Acting for the Department of Health and Human Services in a contentious permit amendment proceeding at VCAT affecting the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Advising the Country Fire Authority on a range of planning, environmental and cultural heritage/Traditional Owner issues affecting sites across Victoria.
- Advising Monash University on planning and environmental issues affecting the University's Caulfield and Berwick campuses.