Senior Associate (Admitted in Washington, DC & New York, but not Australia)
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Justin Goushas is a finance lawyer based in Sydney, having been previously based in Washington DC. Justin's practice focusses on the representation of public and private entities in a variety of domestic and international transactions. He works closely with lenders, sponsors, borrowers and agents on various corporate, acquisition and project financings with a focus on energy, infrastructure and natural resources.
- Juris Doctor, with high honors, George Washington University Law School (2016)
- Bachelor's Degree, Finance, cum laude, Metropolitan State University of Denver (2003)
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented the lenders on the project financing made available to Minera tres Valles, a subsidiary of Sprott Resource Holdings, to finance the expansion of mining and the production of increased volumes of copper cathode at its mine in Chile.
- Represented the lenders on the debt restructuring and new facility to Heron Resources for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project in New South Wales.
- Represented the developer, Maoneng Australia on the development and project financing of the 255MWp Sunraysia Solar Farm, near Balranald in Southern New South Wales. This transaction was awarded the Asia Pacific Solar Deal of the Year at the 2018 IJGlobal Awards.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the $1.25 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior secured notes by FLNG Liquefaction 2, LLC (the Train 2 owner), to refinance a portion of the senior bank debt incurred for the purpose of development and construction of Train 2 of the Freeport LNG project.
- Represented the purchasers in connection with separate private placements of additional senior secured notes issued under Section 4(a)(2) by FLNG Liquefaction 2, LLC (the Train 2 owner) aggregating more than US$1.4 billion to further refinance a portion of the senior bank debt incurred for the purpose of development and construction of Train 2 of the Freeport LNG project in Texas.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the US$1.48 billion Section 4(a)(2) offering of senior secured notes by AES Southland Energy, LLC to finance a portion of the Southland repowering project in Southern California which consists of 1,284 MW of efficient combined cycle natural gas generation and a 110 MW of advanced battery-based energy storage. The Southland repowering project is one of the first project financings for battery-based energy storage.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders to Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. on approximately US$1.5 billion of senior secured credit facilities to provide a portion of the funds necessary to construct Train 6 of the Sabine Pass Liquefaction Project in Louisiana.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders in connection with the approximately US$6 billion debt financing for the Train 3 Expansion of the Corpus Christi LNG Liquefaction Project in Texas, and the approximately $1.2 billion letter of credit and working capital financing. This transaction was awarded the North American Oil and Gas Deal of the Year at the 2018 IJGlobal Awards.
- Represented the US Department of Energy in connection with US$3.7 billion in guaranteed loans to Georgia Power Company, Oglethorpe Power Corporation, and Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia for the financing of the 4,550 MW Vogtle nuclear power project in Georgia.
- Represented Ormat Technologies, Inc., an international geothermal energy developer, in connection with the financing of its fourth plant at the Olkaria III geothermal power project in Naivasha, Kenya.