Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Shannon Walker is an employment lawyer based in Perth. Shannon specialises in the areas of employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety.
Shannon commenced her legal career at the CFMMEU before making the switch to private practice in 2013. She has been involved in numerous employment and industrial matters in Western Australia and interstate, including assisting in enterprise agreement bargaining, drafting contracts and policies, advising on the application of Modern Awards and employment legislation and defending actions brought by employees and unions in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Courts.
An effective and engaging presenter, Shannon has briefed boards and executive management on a range of industrial and WHS topics including industrial disputation, WHS liability, change management, termination of employment claims and statutory entitlements.
- BP Australia - on the defence of a termination claim brought by an ex-employee.
- Mining & Exploration company - on a breach of contract claim by an executive level employee in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
- Fredon (engineering and construction) - on the interpretation and application of its enterprise agreement and interaction with the relevant Modern Awards.
- Port Authority - on drafting employment contracts, enterprise agreement interpretation, redundancy and change management.
- An aged care provider - on a complete review and redraft of its employment documentation and systems, including individual contracts, polices, procedures and pay roll.
- An international renewable energy company - on its safety management system arrangements for each element of the due diligence obligations imposed on officers under the WHS laws.
- A Government department - on a review of its Safety Management systems and ensuring compliance with its legal obligations.
- A South Australian energy supplier - on its statutory and contractual safety obligations across various jurisdictions relating to a new project.
Publication | November 30, 2020
Publication | June 16, 2020
Publication | April 14, 2020
Thought leadership | January 15, 2020