Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Katherine Riley is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Katherine focuses on project delivery and dispute resolution, including issues such as contract interpretation, delay issues, defects, variations, risk allocation, and interfacing issues.
Katherine regularly works on security of payment adjudications, expert determinations, and other contractual and non-contractual dispute resolution procedures. She has also worked on litigated matters in a number of jurisdictions.
Katherine also has experience in administrative proceedings.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (2013)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland (2010)
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2016
- Supreme Court of South Australia 2017
- Acciona Infrastructure Australia - in relation to the delivery of the Sydney Light Rail project
- A major renewables developer - in an expert determination in connection with the construction of a wind farm
- A multinational contractor - in a dispute in connection with the construction of onshore LNG processing facilities
- A major contractor - in a dispute in connection with the construction of student accommodation, including issues relating to cladding and design issues
- A government department - in a coronial inquest into a death at a road project site
- Applicants in the Court of Appeal - relating to the structural adequacy of a retaining wall
- Various clients - in a number of adjudications under the security of payment legislation
- Acting for a key witness in a State Government enquiry
- Law Society of New South Wales
Australia: Final version of Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Regulation 2020 released
Publication | September 15, 2020
Publication | July 14, 2020