Daniel L. Wellington
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Daniel L. WellingtonvCard
Related services and key industries
Dan Wellington, a partner in the Washington, D.C., office, handles antitrust and trade regulation matters, including representing parties in mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. A substantial portion of his practice involves counseling health care providers, including hospitals, physicians, and provider networks. He has helped to form joint ventures involving high technology, health care, communications, energy, and other industries; has defended corporations, partnerships, trade associations, and others in federal and state antitrust investigations, involving allegations of price fixing, market allocation, vertical restraints, price discrimination, and advertising; and has developed compliance programs.
Mr. Wellington was an attorney in the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition for eleven years.
JD, with honors, The National Law Center at George Washington University
MA, The Catholic University of America
BA, The Catholic University of America
Mr. Wellington received his B.A. and M.A. from The Catholic University of America and his J.D., with honors, from The National Law Center at George Washington University.
Mr. Wellington is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Representing healthcare system in Department of Justice and Texas State investigation and settlement of monopolization charges.
- Obtaining antitrust clearances of various acquisitions and dispositions by major building products company.
- Obtaining Federal Trade Commission clearances of various acquisitions by national retailer.
- Obtaining antitrust clearances of various transactions by major pipeline companies and refiners.
- Obtaining antitrust clearances of numerous mergers acquisitions and joint ventures among hospitals.
- Defending Federal Trade Commission investigations of physician networks.
- Obtaining antitrust clearance of acquisitions and dispositions by numerous oil services companies.
- Washington DC Super Lawyer, antitrust, Thomson Reuters, 2015-2016
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Antitrust: Merger Control, The Legal 500, 2014 - 2015, 2017 - 2019
- Co Author, "Sixth Circuit upholds FTC order in ProMedica case", April 23, 2014
- Co Author, "Sixth Circuit upholds FTC order in ProMedica case - Ohio hospital merger struck down as anticompetitive ", Norton Rose Fulbright - Legal update, April 23, 2014
- Co Author, "FTC announces increased HSR thresholds for 2014", Norton Rose Fulbright - Legal update, January 17, 2014
- Co Author, "FTC Announces Increased HSR Thresholds for 2013", Fulbright Alert, January 10, 2013
- Co Author, "HSR Thresholds Rise Again With Rise in GNP", Fulbright Alert, January 26, 2012
- Co Author, "FTC Expands HSR Reporting Requirements ", Fulbright Briefing, July 8, 2011
- Co Author, "DOJ Penalizes Illegal "Gun Jumping"", Fulbright Briefing, January 26, 2010
- "Benchmarking, Joint Operations, and Antitrust Law; Boundaries for Cooperation Among Competitors in the Oil and Gas Industry", 54 Rocky Mt. Min. L. Inst. 31-1, 2008
The Madeira School Board of Directors, Member and Vice President (2001 - 2010)
June 13, 2019
February 14, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Vallourec on the sale of its Drilling Products activity to National Oilwell Varco
June 18, 2018
Publication | January 28, 2020
Publication | January 13, 2020
Publication | February 2019
Publication | January 26, 2018