As a global leader in the area of business human rights, we provide pragmatic advice on compliance and best practice in managing human rights risk, including modern slavery. It is our aim to assist clients to make human rights due diligence part of their business-as-usual.
“A global powerhouse with a notable presence in the business and human rights law space…A client considers the firm to be ‘very strong on emerging human rights laws, globally.’” Chambers Global, 2021
Our business human rights lawyers are experienced in designing and implementing customised project plans. We have assisted clients in all facets of developing and implementing modern slavery strategies.
Our experience extends from compliance and contracting, to corporate reporting, to investigations and disputes. Our broad jurisdiction and industry expertise means that we can explain what your competitors and customers are expecting.
Our team are leaders in the field and have been at the forefront of the development of the Australian Modern Slavery Act legislation. We participated in the national consultation process and assisted at the national consultation process roundtables in Sydney and Perth in December 2017.
Our areas of work include
- Running board and executive training
- Advising on modern slavery and human rights reporting requirements globally
- Developing roadmaps for implementation of modern slavery programs
- Drafting human rights or modern slavery policies and board commitments
- Undertaking gap analyses of policies and procedures including recommendations to ensure all policies align
- Revising procurement processes to integrate human rights or modern slavery risk into supplier selection and management processes
- Drawing clauses for supplier agreements that entrench modern slavery due diligence obligations
- Establishing third party due diligence frameworks
- Analysing the results of modern slavery risk assessment and assessing supplier-specific risks
- Developing strategies to address identified modern slavery risks, including remediation measures
- Developing KPIs to assess the effectiveness of actions
- Developing and delivering bespoke modern slavery training for procurement and HR teams
- Settling modern slavery statements to ensure compliance with the mandatory reporting criteria
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Business and Human Rights Law, Chambers and Partners, 2021 and 2022