With experience spanning the full range of domestic and international rail matters, the lawyers in our market-leading rail practice are skilled at handling substantial rail matters around the world. Our legal knowledge encompasses every aspect of the rail industry, allowing us to provide our clients with commercial, pragmatic and innovative advice and support.
“Accomplished rail practice with expertise acting for a number of different industry players, ranging from financiers, regulators and governments to manufacturers, rolling stock operators and infrastructure developers.” Chambers Global, 2019
Our clients include train operating companies, state-owned rail entities, rolling stock owning companies (ROSCOs), banks, development contractors and financiers, lessors, rolling stock manufacturers, depot operators, local authorities, governments and regulatory bodies. We can chart our experience back to the privatization of the UK rail sector in the 1990s, continuing to expand our practice to handle significant rail matters around the world.
The global rail industry continues to evolve. Infrastructure investment is set to grow in line with increasing demand for railway services, bringing with it new challenges and opportunities for all participants in the sector. Our in-depth industry knowledge and experience gained from all sides of rail transactions is enabling us to support our clients throughout this evolution.
Our areas of work include
- Asset and lease financing
- Corporate finance and privatization
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Employment and labor including benefits and pensions
- Franchising and concessions
- Health and safety, including environmental law
- High speed rail, light rail, underground and metro projects
- Light rail, trams, underground and metro projects
- Infrastructure, construction and signaling
- Intellectual property, ticketing and technology
- Procurement, competition and rail regulation, including EU law, public law and state aid
- Rail regulatory advice
- Real estate, including urban development and planning
- Rolling stock supply, leasing, maintenance and refurbishment
- Structured finance, commodity finance and securitization
- Track, station and depot access and financing
- Traffic management systems
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Rail: Finance (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019