Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ka-Chi Cheung is a corporate and commercial lawyer and is based in our Melbourne office. Ka-Chi has a focus on front end advice in procurement and technology projects.
His experience acting for both suppliers and customers, and across public and private sectors, has given him a clear understanding of the key issues that affect the different stakeholders in these projects.
With a computer science degree from the University of Melbourne, and experience in undertaking software development work for the University, Ka-Chi has the ability to traverse commercial, legal and technical issues with ease and to provide advice that is commercial and practical.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2005
- FleetPartners: Acted for FleetPartners in relation to procurement and supply of a vehicle telematics solution for a large government client. This project involved negotiation and advice on both the supplier and customer fronts, and advice on telecommunications, privacy and surveillance issues in relation to the use and deployment of vehicle telematics solution.
- FleetPartners: Acted for FleetPartners in relation to a teaming arrangement between Fleet Partners and a supplier for the development and supply of a low cost telematics solution.
- Infosys: Acted for Infosys in the review and audit of its privacy practice in Australia. This is part of Infosys' global review of its privacy and data protection processes and practices.
- Philips: Advised Philips in relation to Australian privacy and data protection compliance issues with respect to its proposed global transition to a cloud based HRIS system.
- National Coroners Information System: Advised on its ongoing compliance with privacy and data protection laws. This involved a comprehensive review of the privacy statues in the different jurisdictions in Australia.
- Metronode: Acted for Metronode in its successful bid to build, develop and operate two state of the art Tier III data centres in New South Wales, as part of the New South Wales Government's Data Centre Reform Project, which is expected to consolidate the data centre needs of the New South Wales Government.
- Australia Post: Acted for Australia Post in relation to its procurement of data centre co-location services. This key project is the first large scale outsourcing of data centre function by Australia Post. We provided valuable insight to the internal procurement team in relation to commercial and risk drivers such as available costing models, counterparty risks and security issues.
- ANZ Banking Group: Advised ANZ Banking Group on a large number of near-simultaneous technology procurement projects, with a multimillion dollar spend as part of the bank's internal global technology refresh project, involving major system integrators and IT vendors such as IBM, Accenture, Unisys, HCL, Wipro, Lenovo and HP.
Privacy Act Review report
Blog | March 01, 2023
Privacy Act Review report
Publication | February 20, 2023
Flurry of activity in the Privacy Act review, including tougher penalties and new online privacy framework
Blog | December 14, 2021