Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Tim Mornane is a banking and restructuring lawyer based in Sydney with over ten years of experience acting for banks and financial institutions, sponsors, borrowers and insolvency practitioners in complex, cross-border and domestic restructuring and insolvency matters.
In addition, Tim has significant and varied experience acting for banks and financial institutions, sponsors and borrowers in corporate and acquisition finance transactions, asset based and receivables lending, real estate finance, equipment and asset finance.
After commencing his legal career in Sydney, Tim spent over three years working in London, including during the global financial crisis of 2008-09. He gained extensive experience in a wide range of transactions and creditors’ rights matters, including international restructurings, distressed acquisitions, distressed debt sale transactions and related security enforcement.
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Laws
- University of Sydney, Bachelor of Arts
- Lead arrangers – on the Australian law aspects of US$315 million term loan B (TLB) facility and an AU$50 million asset based revolving credit facility provided to a subsidiary of Platinum Equity Advisors LLC, in connection with the acquisition of a 70 per cent interest in Sensis Pty Ltd from Telstra Corporation Limited.
- Export Development Canada – on its participation in a syndicated pre-delivery financing of £900 million under the largest-ever privately procured train order in the UK since privatisation of the national rail network.
- Bank of New York Mellon – on the Australian law aspects of US$250 million senior secured notes issued by Quintis Limited.
- National Australia Bank Limited, Bank of New Zealand, HSBC Bank Australia Limited and its receivers – on the external administration of Dick Smith Electronics.
- Credit Suisse, AG and its receivers – on the external administration of Bandanna Energy Limited and its subsidiaries. Bandanna Energy Limited is an ASX junior coal mining venture.
- Bank of New York Mellon – acting in its capacity as note trustee of US$135 million senior secured notes, in connection with the second voluntary administration of Mirabela Nickel Limited.
- Goldman Sachs – on the restructuring of AU$90 million provided to a Brisbane based developer in relation to the development of three mixed use towers in the Southpoint development at Southbank, Brisbane and related investments of the developer.
- Goldman Sachs – on the mezzanine financing for the AU$300 million development of two mixed use towers at Southbank in Brisbane.
- Bank of Queensland – on AU$75 million acquisition and construction facility to Payce Consolidated Limited for the acquisition and construction of a mixed use development comprising residential strata units and retail spaces.
- Challenger Limited – on an AU$25 million secured notes subscription facility to fund a receivables purchasing vehicle.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Turnaround Management Association
Publication | January 2021
Publication | September 24, 2020
Webinar | September 17, 2020
Voluntary administration and the evolving judicial approach to the reallocation of financial risk in the face of COVID-19
Publication | June 2020