Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Daniel Giemajner is a banking lawyer based in London. Daniel's focus is on cross-border project financing and other structured finance transactions, primarily in the infrastructure, mining and commodities sectors.
Daniel advises banks, funds, listed and private sponsors, and traders on projects and related transactions, with a particular focus on investment in Africa.
Daniel has also advised on a number of North American deals and spent a year in our New York office between 2014 and 2015.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- CBG, Guinea – advised CBG on the c.US$800m expansion of its Sangaredi bauxite mine in western Guinea. Advised on all aspects of the project, including the financing, offtake agreements, project documents and the infrastructure sharing arrangements between CBG, the State of Guinea and third-party mining ventures
- Alufer, Guinea – supported Alufer with the c.US$205m project financing of its Bel Air bauxite mine in Guinea
- Moma Titanium Mine, Mozambique – advised Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund, European Investment Bank and FMO, on restructuring the Kenmare Resources group and its debt portfolio
- Kipoi Copper Project, Democratic Republic of Congo – assisted Nedbank and Rand Merchant Bank with a bridge facility and senior ECIC debt facility for the financing of the construction and development of the Kipoi copper project in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Aureus Mining, Liberia – advised Aureus on the project financing of its New Liberty Gold Project in Liberia
- African Minerals Ltd, Sierra Leone – supported the lenders to African Minerals Ltd with the financing and subsequent restructuring and enforcement for the Tonkolili iron project in Sierra Leone
- Cigar Lake Uranium Mine, Canada – advised Anglo Pacific Group on the acquisition of a royalty/stream from Denison Mines Corp., which owns and operates the Cigar Lake uranium mine and associate McClean Lake uranium mill
- Asanko Gold Inc, Ghana – assisted Asanko with the project financing by Red Kite of its Esaase and Obotan gold projects in Ghana
- Sonora Lithium Project, Mexico – advised SGRF, the sovereign wealth fund of Oman, on the US$150m project financing of Bacanora Minerals' Sonora Lithium Project in Mexico
- TiZir, Senegal, Norway – supported TiZir with the issuance of its c.US$285m Nordic Bond, to be principally used to fund the construction of the Grand Cote mineral sands project in Senegal.
Infrastructure and Power
- Bridge Gas-to-Power Project, Ghana – advised Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays, Societe Generale, CDC, Hungarian Export-Import Bank and Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund on project financing the Bridge Gas to Power Project in Ghana
- Lekki Port PPP Project, Nigeria – supported the Senior Lenders, Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Bank/Stanbic IBTC, African Development Bank and African Finance Corporation, on their project financing of a US$1.5bn greenfield container port on the Lekki peninsula in Lagos State
- Atuabo Free Port Project, Ghana – assisted the lenders including, Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Bank and International Finance Corporation on their project financing of the Atuabo Oil and Gas Free Port in Ghana. The port will serve as an oil and gas logistics hub, servicing the offshore oil and gas industry in Ghana
- Rotterdam World Gateway, Netherlands – advised the sponsors (comprising a consortium of major shipping lines and DP World) on the project financing of a new container terminal at the Port of Rotterdam
- Essex University, Student Accommodation Project, UK – advised Assured Guaranty on the wrapped bond financing to Equitix as sponsor for the development of Phase 2 of the Essex University Student Accommodation Project
- Kingston Container Terminal, Jamaica – advising the lenders on the construction and expansion of the Kingston Container Terminal in Jamaica
- Essex Waste Project, UK – advised Balfour Beatty and Urbaser on the project financing and subsequent restructuring of the Essex Waste Project
- Meridiam Infrastructure, USA – assisted with a project to design, build, finance, operate and maintain a new consolidated justice facility project in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Pennsylvania bridges, USA – represented Meridiam Infrastructure on a PPP project to design, build, finance and maintain the replacement of 563 bridges across the state of Pennsylvania
- Standard Bank, Ghana – assisted with loan facilities made available to Eaton Towers Ghana Ltd to develop its Ghanaian towers network.
January 07, 2020
March 30, 2017