Dan Cowdy is an aviation and asset finance lawyer based in London. He has acted for airlines, operators and lessors on a range of aircraft leasing matters, including operating leases, JOLCOs, finance leases, sale and leasebacks, wet leases, spare engine leases and aircraft acquisitions and disposals.
Dan has a wealth of experience of advising airlines and other operators on aviation commercial and regulatory matters, including power by the hour arrangements, MRO General Terms Agreements (with particular experience of engine maintenance contracts and overhaul agreements), consignment agreements, sales and leasebacks of high value components.
Legal 500, 2017 notes Dan is a recommended lawyer for transport (aviation).
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising Jet2.com Limited on various aircraft/engine transactions, including:
- JOLCO between SMBC/SMFL and Jet2.com Limited for one 737-800 new delivery
- Operating leases for five 737-800 aircraft from Aercap
- Various other operating leases with a range of lessors, including: DVB; ACG; Volito (now Seraph); and GECAS
- Greentime engine leases for 14 RB211 engines with confidential lessor
- Engine overhaul agreement with KLM for a fleet of CFM56-7B engines
- Aircraft purchases and financings.
- Acting for Emirates in the sale and lease back of an Airbus A380 aircraft with Investec
- Acting for AirAsia on various aircraft transactions, including:
- A320 operating leases with Volito and GECAS
- Sub-leasing transactions for three A320 aircraft (one AirAsia to Czech Airlines and two AirAsia to Aer Lingus)
- The negotiation of the sale of 10 A320 aircraft to confidential purchaser.
- Acting for Avolon for operating leases and novations involving Pegasus Airlines and Spice Jet
- Acting for Monarch Airlines on the operating leases of various aircraft
- Acting for Flynas on sub-leases, novations and wet-lease/charter transactions
- Advising WOW air on the negotiation of engine overhaul agreements with Snecma/Safran.
- Legal 500, 2017 Recommended lawyer: transport (aviation)