Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Herb Isherwood is a partner in our employment and labour team. He has over 30 years of experience assisting public and private sector employers with a wide range of labour and employment issues.
Mr. Isherwood maintains a busy practice advising employers on disability and absenteeism, termination and wrongful dismissal, union organizing campaigns, labour relations strategy and collective agreement negotiation, collective agreement interpretation, grievance arbitration, workers compensation, employment standards, and human rights. He has extensive experience in mergers, acquisitions and other corporate restructuring and downsizing and is frequently called upon to advise on complex transactions. He also advises on executive compensation, short- and long-term incentive plans and employment agreements.
Clients rely on Mr. Isherwood to deliver practical and effective solutions. He is a trusted advisor to many employers in the public and private sectors in all major areas of the BC economy.
Mr. Isherwood served as managing partner of Bull Housser (a predecessor firm of Norton Rose Fulbright) from 2007 to 2011 and on its management committee for several years prior to 2007.
LL.B., University of Victoria, 1985
- British Columbia 1986
Matters in which Mr. Isherwood has acted include:
- Advising on the sale of a significant manufacturing operation
- Successfully leading several clients facing union organizing campaigns
- Advising on conducting collective agreement negotiations in the entertainment industry
- Representing clients in several provincial and federal human rights proceedings
- Advising on executive terminations
- Assisting clients in addressing attendance issues in the workplace
- Drafting, enforcing and interpreting non-competition agreements
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Labour, Employment & Benefits 2020
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Canada, British Columbia: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2017-2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Employee Benefits Law, Labour and Employment Law, Workers' Compensation Law, 2011-2022
- LexisNexis - Martindale-Hubbell: BV Peer Review Rated
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Human Resources Management Association of British Columbia
Publication | March 01, 2022
Publication | December 15, 2021
Webinar | November 05, 2021
Webinar | November 13, 2020