WebinarGlobal | February 03, 2021
International border closures and reduced port and logistics capabilities caused by the response to COVID-19 affect the entire mining supply chain. As these transport and logistics challenges look set to continue, the related demurrage and detention charges are likely to seriously impact forecasted profits.
We bring together shipping, mining and transport experts in a panel discussion to explore the challenges and mitigation strategies mining houses might consider in 2021, and take a closer look at liability and claims as pressure builds in the mining supply chain.
- Christina Pretorius, Head of Mining (South Africa)
- Andrew Robinson, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Chair
- Malcolm Hartwell, Master Mariner, Head of Transport (South Africa)
- Shelley Chapelski, Partner, Head of Shipping for Canada and President of the Canadian Maritime Law Association (Canada)
- Utsav Mathur, Partner, Houston (USA)
- Vishal Deeplaul, CEO, Grindrod Terminals (South Africa)