Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Laura Vasey is a corporate lawyer based in London. Her focus is on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions (both public and private) and equity capital markets work.
Laura joined the practice in July 2013. In March 2016 she went on a 7 month secondment to Citi in their M&A legal team, part of the wider EMEA Corporate & Investment Banking & Capital Markets Origination Legal. During her secondment her focus was on new M&A transactions (both public and private) coming out of the investment bank, with exposure to dual track equity capital markets work.
- Acting for Charles Stanley Group PLC on the £278.9 million recommend cash acquisition (with loan note alternative) by Raymond James Financial, Inc. implemented by way of Scheme of Arrangement
- Acting for Tullow Oil plc on the Class 1 transaction under the UK Listing Rules in respect of the US$180 million sale of assets in West Africa
- Acting for Balfour Beatty on the auction sale of its stake in three projects in the UK, being shares and interests in unsecured loan notes, to BBGI Global Infrastructure S.A.
- Acting for Numis Securities Limited, Investec Bank plc and ABN AMRO Bank N.V. as joint bookrunners on a placing and open offer and a placing and subscription by Accsys Technologies PLC raising gross proceeds of approximately EUR 37 million and EUR 20 million respectively
- Acting for Cantor Fitzgerald Canada Corporation, Canaccord Genuity Limited and Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG as joint bookrunners on two placings by Yellow Cake PLC raising proceeds of approximately US$100 million and US$150 million respectively
- Advising Citigroup Global Markets Limited on a cash confirmation on the cash and share alternative offer for PureCircle Limited by Ingredion SRSS Holdings Limited for c.£80 million.
- Advising Perella Weinberg Partners UK LLP on the cash confirmation on cash offer for GBGO Limited by Elm Bidco. L.P. for US$131.7 million
- Advising Barrick Gold Corporation on its take-private of Acacia Mining plc by way of scheme of arrangement for c. £951 million (US$1.2 billion)
- Advising Barrick Gold Corporation on the proposed framework agreement between Barrick and the Government of Tanzania regarding Acacia Mining plc's assets and the associated settlement of outstanding disputes between Acacia and the Government of Tanzania concerning Acacia's Tanzanian operations
- Acting for Trinity Mirror plc in its acquisition of Northern & Shell's publishing assets for a total purchase price of £126.7 million which constituted a Class 1 transaction