Our global life sciences and pharmaceuticals team is one of the largest in the world, drawing together lawyers with considerable industry knowledge and experience from a number of practice areas in key business centers around the globe. Our life sciences and pharmaceuticals team provides market-leading, integrated legal advice to a range of innovative biotech, medical device, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies worldwide.
Our deep industry focus and breadth of experience enables us to advise clients on all aspects of the product life cycle – from innovation, development, commercialization and exploitation to contentious proceedings before court and regulatory authorities. Our global presence allows us to closely track international market and industry trends so we may provide clients with proactive risk management counsel and legal advice targeted to the evolving life sciences landscape.
Our clients include some of the world’s largest innovative pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, health technology and diagnostic companies. We also act for a significant number of scaling biotechnology and life sciences companies, as well as notable universities and academic institutions known for their research.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Board governance
- Capital markets
- Crisis management
- Corporate and commercial, including M&A, acquisition of rights and strategic alliances
- Digital health
- Employment and labor
- Governmental investigations
- Intellectual property, including patent litigation and patent prosecution
- Joint ventures
- Licensing and collaborations
- Litigation and disputes, including product liability
- Private equity
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Real estate
- Regulatory and compliance, including marketing authorizations, post-marketing surveillance and anti-corruption
- Research and development
- Risk advisory