Senior Partner, Lawyer, Trademark Agent
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Danièle Boutet practises as a solicitor and trademark agent in intellectual property law, specifically in the area of trademarks and domain names.
Ms. Boutet has extensive experience in all aspects of protection of trademarks and domain names. She provides advice and opinions on trademark protection and infringement. She regularly deals with the Canadian Trade-marks Office and the Opposition Board and has in-depth knowledge of the procedure and practice regarding registration of trademarks and opposition disputes in Canada. Ms. Boutet has also acquired extensive knowledge regarding protecting trademarks in many jurisdictions of the world through her regular dealings with foreign correspondents.
Ms. Boutet manages large national and international portfolios of trademarks and has assisted major clients with managing their portfolios and developing and implementing policies for the protection of their trademarks.
She has been recognized as one of the world’s leading trademark practitioners in the WTR 1000 directory published by the World Trademark Review since 2013, as a top female legal practitioner advising on trademarks in the Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law in 2014 and recognized as leading trademark practitioner in the Canadian Lexpert Directory since 2015.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1979
- Quebec 1980
- Canada (trade,marks) 1982
- Represented large corporations in domain name resolution disputes before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Arbitration and Mediation Center
- Canadian Legal Lexpert directory, (2015-2017): recognized a leading trade-mark practitioner
- World Trademark Review, WTR 1000 directory (since 2013): recognized as one of the world’s leading trade-mark practitioners
- Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law (2014): recognized as a top female legal practitioner advising on trademarks
- Who’s Who Legal, (2012-2013): recognized as a leading trade-mark practitioner
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada