Senior Partner, Lawyer, Trade-mark Agent
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Danièle Boutet practises as a solicitor and trade-mark agent in intellectual property law, specifically in the area of trade-marks and domain names.
Ms. Boutet has extensive experience in all aspects of protection of trade-marks and domain names. She provides advice and opinions on trade-mark protection and infringement. She regularly deals with the Canadian Trade-marks Office and the Opposition Board and has in-depth knowledge of the procedure and practice regarding registration of trade-marks and opposition disputes in Canada. Ms. Boutet has also acquired extensive knowledge regarding protecting trade-marks in many jurisdictions of the world through her regular dealings with foreign correspondents.
Ms. Boutet manages large national and international portfolios of trade-marks and has assisted major clients with managing their portfolios and developing and implementing policies for the protection of their trade-marks.
She has been recognized as one of the world’s leading trade-mark practitioners in the WTR 1000 directory published by the World Trademark Review since 2013, as a top female legal practitioner advising on trade-marks in the Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law in 2014 and recognized as leading trade-mark practitioner in the Canadian Lexpert Directory since 2015.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1979
- Quebec 1980
- Canada (trade-marks) 1982
- Represented large corporations in domain name resolution disputes before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Arbitration and Mediation Center
- Canadian Legal Lexpert directory, (2015-2017): recognized a leading trade-mark practitioner
- World Trademark Review, WTR 1000 directory (since 2013): recognized as one of the world’s leading trade-mark practitioners
- Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law (2014): recognized as a top female legal practitioner advising on trademarks
- Who’s Who Legal, (2012-2013): recognized as a leading trade-mark practitioner
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada