Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Regulation and investigations
Key industry sectors
Amar Leclair-Ghosh practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public financing, private placements, privatizations, shareholder disputes and general corporate matters.
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh works with major Canadian public companies, international corporations and family-held businesses pursuing growth through acquisitions. He represents clients in a variety of industries including mining, financial services, forestry and wood products, and media/technology.
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh acted as Montreal chair of our business law group from 2008 to 2011.
He holds a certificate in mining law from Osgoode Hall Law School.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1992
- Quebec 1993
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh has advised:
- Sural Laminated Products, an affiliate of Sural Group S.A. and Euro-Alloys, in the acquisition of Alcoa’s Bécancour rod mill assets, concurrent acquisition financing and other corporate transactions
- Vision Globale, the leading Canadian-owned provider of visual effects, post production and asset management and distribution services, in the sale of substantially all of the company's assets to TVA Group, an affiliate of Quebecor Media
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation, a leading Canadian diamond exploration and development company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, in its $946 million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec’s first diamond mine. These transactions comprised:
- an offering of common share subscription receipts, by way of private placement and concurrent prospectus offering in Canada;
- a forward sale of diamonds by way of a streaming agreement;
- a senior secured loan facility;
- a convertible unsecured loan;
- a cost overrun credit facility; and
- an equipment financing facility.
- Royal DSM in the combination of its US pharmaceutical product development and manufacturing business with JLL Partners to create DPx Holdings B.V. and the subsequent US$1.4 billion privatization of Patheon Inc., a TSX‑listed global contract development and manufacturing organization for the pharmaceutical industry
- LionGold Corp. Ltd. in the acquisition by LionGold all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Acadian Mining Corporation through a statutory plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act, representing consideration payable to Acadian shareholders of approximately C$7 million
- JEC Capital, a US‑based fund, in its successful campaign opposite Miranda Technologies Inc., resulting in the C$345 million takeover of Miranda Technologies by Belden Inc.
- Royal DSM N.V. in its acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of Ocean Nutrition Canada Limited from Clearwater Fine Foods International and certain private equity funds in a transaction valued at C$540 million
- Yellow Media Inc. in connection with its C$225 million acquisition of Canadian Phone Directories Holdings Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary Canpages, a local search and directories publisher
- ArcelorMittal Canada Inc. and other companies of the ArcelorMittal Group in connection with various corporate transactions
- Kruger Inc. with the acquisition of all the units of Maison des Futailles, L.P. held by Société des alcools du Québec and Fonds de solidarité FTQ for an amount of approximately C$69 million and concurrent investment in Maison des Futailles, L.P. by Kruger and the Fonds
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019-2022: recommended in recommended in Corporate Commercial Law; 2020-2022: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Mergers and acquisitions law, mining law, 2013-2022
- Canadian Bar Association