Daniel Leduc, CIRCvCard
Related services and key industries
Daniel Leduc advises employers in both the federal and Quebec jurisdictions on the application and interpretation of collective agreements, on labour standards and on human rights and freedoms.
He is particularly qualified to advise on issues in the areas of labour standards, restrictive covenants (non‑compete and non‑solicitation agreements), certification and the protection of personal information. He also has in‑depth knowledge of workplace harassment issues and leading discrimination cases. His knowledge of the rules that govern the management of absenteeism, workplace discipline and performance is vast.
Mr. Leduc is also a seasoned trial lawyer who regularly represents the largest companies in Canada, small and medium-sized businesses, public and parapublic bodies and professional orders before grievance and dispute arbitrators, the Quebec Administrative Labour Tribunal, the Quebec Human Rights Tribunal, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Quebec Superior Court, the Federal Court of Canada and the appeal courts. He is also regularly called upon to act as a spokesperson in collective bargaining in various sectors including the security industry, professional orders and manufacturing.
Mr. Leduc is a frequent guest speaker of numerous associations on a range of topics, including absenteeism management, disciplinary management, work performance, collective bargaining, time theft, the use of social media on the job, and workplace investigations. He taught employment and labour law and bargaining techniques at the Quebec Bar Admission Course for a number of years.
Mr. Leduc is currently Montréal chair of our employment and labour law group.
LL.B., civil law, Université de Montréal, 1996
LL.B., common law, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1997
- Quebec 1998
- "How to Prevent and Manage long-Term Absenteeism," published in legaljobs.ca, November 27, 2017.
- "Le vol du temps, un fléau gérable," Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés du Québec, July 17, 2017.
- "Navigating the changing economic climate," Vision 2017, October 5, 2017.
- “Les défis et les préoccupations des dirigeants des ressources humaines d’aujourd’hui,” Vision 2016, October 6, 2016.
- “Tout ce que vous devez savoir sur les enquêtes en milieu de travail,” Congrès de l’Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés du Québec, September 8, 2016.
- “Le vol de temps, un fléau gérable,” Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés du Québec, July 7, 2016.
- “Les mesures disciplinaires et non disciplinaires dans le secteur de l’éducation, les meilleurs pratiques et les pièges à éviter,” client presentation, February 17, 2016.
- “Les dix décisions et nouveautés ayant marqué le droit de l’emploi et du travail en 2015,” Norton Rose Fulbright, February 18, 2016.
- “Les mesures disciplinaires et non disciplinaires dans le secteur de l’éducation, les meilleurs pratiques et les pièges à éviter,” client presentation, February 11, 2016.
- “La gestion de l’absentéisme,” client presentation, November 16, 2015.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés du Québec
- Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (CIRC)