Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Sandra Nissan is a member of our debt finance team and focuses primarily on project finance, secured and unsecured lending, structured finance, public-private partnerships and infrastructure development. She has extensive experience advising public authorities, private sector participants and consortia and lenders in implementing public infrastructure projects. She also has experience in many aspects of syndicated secured and unsecured lending, acting on behalf of both lenders and borrowers.
Ms. Nissan has provided advice concerning a variety of other matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and corporate reorganizations.
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1997
B.A., York University, 1994
- Ontario 1999
Ms. Nissan has acted recently in the following matters:
- Counsel to Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Attorney General in the structuring, procurement, negotiation and settlement of project documents in connection with the Durham consolidated courthouse project, Quinte consolidated courthouse project, St. Thomas consolidated courthouse project, Thunder Bay consolidated courthouse project and the Waterloo Region consolidated courthouse project
- Counsel to Infrastructure Ontario and Woodstock General Hospital Trust concerning the structuring, procurement, negotiation and settlement of project documents in connection with the Woodstock General Hospital project, as well as providing counsel to Woodstock General Hospital in connection with funding arrangements with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Counsel to the syndicate of lenders concerning the $206 million Royal Jubilee Hospital P3 project, a new 500-bed in-patient accommodation building in Victoria, British Columbia
- Counsel to the 75% private sector owner and primary funding/financing partner on a PPP/PFI for the construction of two hospitals in Ontario: William Osler Health Centre and Royal Ottawa Hospital
- Counsel to numerous lending syndicates, in numerous syndicated loan transactions and credit facilities to among others, Osmington Inc., Rolls-Royce Canada Limited, First Asset Management Inc., Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited and CanWest Global Communications Corp.
- Counsel to a syndicate of lenders regarding a $1.5-billion tender offer facility to finance a successful take-over bid of a UK public company
- Acting for a variety of private companies in connection with raising capital through convertible debentures and private placements
- Acting for Borealis Infrastructure Management Inc. in connection with financing the acquisition of a diagnostic business
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Infrastructure Law
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Project development; Project finance (Highly Regarded), 2021
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2015: Projects: PPP & Infrastructure
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada