Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Alain Ricard is Canadian head of the transport team. In this capacity he deploys work within our local, national and global platforms in a way that most efficiently addresses our clients’ needs.
Mr. Ricard practises mainly in the areas of corporate, project and structured finance, financial services and commercial law. He regularly represents borrowers, financial institutions and investors in a wide range of local, national and multijurisdictional transactions, including in the areas of projects and project financing, acquisitions, monetization, securitization, factoring, structured finance and debt restructuring.
Mr. Ricard also has significant experience in derivatives transactions and the regulatory framework governing these products in Canada and worldwide.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1999
- Quebec 2000
Clients for whom Mr. Ricard has recently acted include:
- Proponents in connection with the PPP for the new detention centre in Sorel‑Tracy, Quebec, and PPP and design‑build finance projects for the construction of a new hospital in Baie‑Saint‑Paul, Quebec, and for the construction of a new multifunctional complex in Laval, Quebec
- One of the proponents in connection with the long-term accommodation project for the cryptologic agency of Canada
- The lenders in connection with the McGill University Health Centre PPP project and the Highway 30 project, south‑west of Montreal
- The lender in connection with the $211 million financing of a through‑air dried tissue plant in Memphis, Tennessee
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in the Canadian restructuring of the $35 billion market for asset‑backed commercial paper issued by non‑bank‑sponsored conduits
- Cirque du Soleil and its controlling shareholder in the creation of a strategic partnership with Istithmar World and Nakheel and the sale of a 20% interest in Cirque du Soleil
- Various financial institutions and corporations in connection with securitizations of residential real estate loans, factoring transactions and equipment financing transactions (including purchases and sales of portfolios of equipment financings) and the creation and implementation of new financial products
- Lexpert 2015 Rising Star and Leading Lawyer Under 40
- Acritas Stars 2018 – Designated as a "Star" lawyer by a panel of over 4,300 clients
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions
- Canadian Bar Association
- Quebec Bar committee on the law of security