Senior Partner, Lawyer, Trade-mark Agent
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jean-François Drolet has over 20 years’ experience in all areas of intellectual property, particularly in trade-mark, industrial design and and copyright matters. His intellectual property experience is often sought by members of our Canadian business law group in financing transactions involving intangible assets and in corporate sales and acquisitions. Drawing on an extensive network of correspondents worldwide, Mr. Drolet also manages large trade-mark and industrial design portfolios in Canada and internationally for clients of our global practice. Mr. Drolet’s practice includes drafting various commercial contracts and agreements for the marketing and protection of intellectual property.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1985
- Quebec 1986
- Canada (trade-marks) 1988
Mr. Drolet has acted in financing/licensing matters for Medical Intelligence Technologies Inc., Optosecurity Inc., Obzerv Technologies Inc., Epiderma Inc., Biopharmacopae Design International inc., Cogiscan inc. and Omegachem Inc.
In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Mr. Drolet also acted recently for:
- Services Nobel Biocare Procera Inc. with its purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of the share capital of BioCad Medical Inc.
- Copernic Technologies Inc. in connection with its sale to Mamma.com
- Nstein Technologies Inc. in connection with the take-over bid by Open Text
- The shareholders of Néoptix, Inc. in connection with its sale to Qualitrol Company LLC
- Louis Garneau Sports Inc. in its purchase and subsequent sale of Chlorophylle Inc.
- Premier Tech Ltd. in its purchase of Sure-Gro Inc.
- PANalytical Inc., a subsidiary of Spectris plc, in connection with its purchase of the assets of Système Analytique inc. and Contrôle Analytique inc.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, (2012-2017): Intellectual Property Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, (2015-2017): recommended in Intellectual Property
- Certified trainer, Entrepreneuriat Laval
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association des Praticiens du Droit des Marques et des Modèles (association of trade-mark and design law practitioners)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- International Trademark Association
- European Communities Trademark Association