Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
François-David Paré practises in all areas of corporate, commercial and civil litigation. He also acts in securities matters and shareholder disputes and was seconded to the legal department of a major Canadian investment dealer on two occasions.
Mr. Paré has significant experience in successfully handling class action litigation, including consumer legislation related claims, pharmaceutical, product liability and civil liability.
Mr. Paré represents clients before Quebec courts and regulatory authorities, and defends their interests in arbitrations and mediations.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2002
Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute
B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 1999
- Quebec 2003
Mr. Paré has acted recently for the following clients:
- Securities brokerage firms in arbitration and litigation with investors
- Canadian banks in a number of class actions contesting credit charges under the Quebec Consumer Protection Act, and acting for one of Canada’s largest banks in a lengthy trial in fall 2008 relating to credit card charges and mark-ups under the Consumer Protection Act and other legislation and involving constitutional arguments on the applicability of the Consumer Protection Act to banks
- Pharmaceutical and medical device companies in multiple class actions related to product liability matters
- A major loyalty program in a class action for changes brought to the program in violation of the Consumer Protection Act
- Entertainment ticket resale companies in a class action for allegations of commercial practices prohibited by the Consumer Protection Act
- The World Anti-Doping Agency in preparing interventions and appeals in sports doping matters and in applications for authorization of therapeutic use
- A television broadcaster in lengthy litigation for defamation
- An agricultural producer in lengthy litigation relating to latent defects and the liability of agricultural producers (2004-2008)
- Private and public corporations in commercial litigation (prevention, conduct of litigation and settlement)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019: recommended in Litigation - Corporate Commercial
- Canadian Bar Association
- Réseau HEC
- Former vice-president, student association of HEC Montréal
- Robin des Bois, a not-for-profit restaurant in Montreal