Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Véronique Barry's practice covers all aspects of commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on drafting commercial contracts and on matters relating to life sciences and healthcare. Véronique has gained valuable experience in personalized medicine, clinical trials and the use of technology in healthcare. She has also developed an interest in access to information and protection of personal information, as well as French language and Canada's anti-spam legislation requirements. Over the last few years, Véronique has given several presentations on these topics.
While pursuing her bachelor of laws – international profile at Laval University, Véronique studied at Birmingham University in England where she furthered her knowledge of international commercial law. Véronique also studied at Queen's University and subsequently became a member of the Ontario Bar.
- Civil Law-Common Law Combined Program, Queen's University, 2012
- Bachelor of Laws – International Profile, Laval University, 2010
- Certificate of Higher Education in English Law, University of Birmingham, 2009
- Ontario 2013
- Quebec 2012
Life sciences and healthcare
- developing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating fundamental and clinical research agreements and other agreements entered into between research centres and public companies or initiated by researchers
- developing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating licensing agreements with private or public companies
- reviewing and drafting agreements for advisory boards, ethics committees and consultant panels
- developing, drafting and negotiating agreements for the purpose of effectively managing matters related to the funding, conduct and development of technology, devices or research activities (material transfer agreements, partnership agreements, transfer agreements, etc.)
- creating the legal framework and contractual documents needed to operate CRO/AROs engaged by pharmaceutical companies to coordinate research activities involving multiple centres
- advising on the application of Quebec's Act respecting contracting by public bodies and management of calls for tenders
- developing organizational structures suited to research activities and creating separate legal entities for creating value from intellectual property rights or the hiring of researchers and research assistants
- organizing research activities within health institutions and other corporate entities
- drafting by-laws, policies and internal directives in compliance with applicable legislation and regulatory frameworks
- developing regulatory frameworks for research activities and intellectual property policies
- Dean's Honour List, Queen's University, 2012
- Senator Frank Carrel Scholarship, Queen's University, 2012
- GBV-Englobe environmental law essay competition, GBV-Englobe, 2008
- Lieutenant Governor's Award, Merici College, 2007
- Toyota Earth Day Scholarship, Toyota Foundation/Earth Day Canada, 2007
- Millennium Scholarship, Canadian Millennium Scholarship Foundation, 2007
- Desjardins Scholarship, social sector, Jeunes Boursiers des Grands Québécois, 2007
- Amendments to the terms and conditions for the sale of medications, May 2020.
- La Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels dans le secteur privé a 25 ans : votre opinion sollicitée, March 2019.
- PCL Newsletters – Diagnosis by specialized nurse practitioners: A collaborative and complementary approach, March 2019.
- Pharma in Brief – Health Canada, INESSS and CADTH to provide Early Parallel Scientific Advice, March 2019.
- PCL Newsletters – A new collaboration between Health Canada, INESSS and CADTH through the Early Parallel Scientific Advice, March 2019.
- Quebec's Bill 2 to Protect the Public, Especially Young People, Against Cannabis, February 2019.
- PCL Newsletters – First judicial consideration of Vanessa's Law, August 2018.
- PCL Newsletters – Regulation Respecting the Exceptions to the Prohibition Against Paying or Reimbursing the Price of a Medication or Supply Covered by the Basic Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, July 2018.
- PCL Newsletters – Amendment to the Regulation respecting the application of the Act to modify the organization and governance of the health and social services network, in particular by abolishing the regional agencies, July 2018.
- Amendments to the Regulation respecting forms and statements of fees under the Health Insurance Act, June 2018.
- "Decoding New Legal Realities in the Era of Technological Innovation in Healthcare", Québec City Healthcare Industry Forum (FISQ), December 4, 2019.
- "Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit-sharing," March 28, 2019.
- "Points à considérer lors de l'examen de contrats de recherche," March 18, 2019.
- "L'impact du Règlement Général sur la Protection des Données en matière de recherche clinique" - 12th Forum de l'industrie de la santé de Québec, December 5, 2018.
- "Conduct of clinical trials in a digital era," Montreal, September 21, 2017.
- "New trends with respect to clinical trials," Montreal, June 12, 2017.
- Seminar designed to discuss the main legislative and jurisprudential developments pertaining to the life sciences and healthcare industry, as part of the Quebec Health Innovation Week, Quebec, November 30, 2016.
- Seminar designed to discuss the legal issues facing the future of life sciences and healthcare industry, as part of the Quebec Health Innovation Week, Quebec, December 2, 2016.
- "Mise à jour de l'environnement législatif et des décisions marquantes dans le domaine des sciences de la vie," November 2016.
- "L'importance de la lettre d'intention et l'importance de négocier de bonne foi dans le cadre de financement et autres transactions," November 2016.
- Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec / Cercle 179, Deputy Chair of Cercle 179 since 2015
- Board of Directors – Carnaval de Québec, Director since 2019
- Ambassador – Fondation Cervo – D'un chic fou, 2017
- Ambassador – Centre hospitalier universitaire (CHU) de Québec – "Escapade au sommet du massif," 2015
- Ambassador – Le Grand Défi Pierre-Lavoie / Équipe Henry Schein, 2015-2016
- Ambassador – JDRF Canada – Révolution FRDJ Roulons pour vaincre le diabète, 2013 to 2015
- Master of ceremonies for the 25th anniversary gala of Croissance Travail, 2017
- Relay for Life – Canadian Cancer Society, 2016
Publication | July 20, 2020
Publication | July 16, 2020
Publication | July 14, 2020
Publication | May 22, 2020