Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Daniel Daniele practises in all areas of intellectual property law, including copyright, trademarks and patents. Mr. Daniele is also a member of the Supreme Court of Canada and appellate advocacy practice team and the recall and crisis management practice team.
Mr. Daniele has particular experience in pharmaceutical patent litigation. He has acted for innovative pharmaceutical companies in proceedings under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, patent infringement actions, patent impeachment actions, section 8 damages actions and patent infringement damages actions.
Prior to joining our Toronto office, Mr. Daniele worked at a national law firm as a summer student in 2009. He then served as a judicial clerk to the Justices of the Court of Appeal for Ontario from 2010‑2011.
In law school, Mr. Daniele participated in a variety of advocacy competitions and was awarded first place in the Hicks Morley Labour Law Moot. During his studies, he worked as both a research and teaching assistant and volunteered with the Western Business Law Clinic. In the fall of 2009, he completed an exchange term at Hong Kong University.
Mr. Daniele’s undergraduate degree focused on applying engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology.
J.D., Western University, 2010
B.A.Sc., Engineering Science, University of Toronto, 2006
- New York State Bar 2011
- Ontario 2011
- Law Society of Upper Canada Prize (awarded to top 15 students in graduating class)
- J.S.D. Tory Writing Award
- Scotiabank Award for highest standing in trusts
- Shibley Righton LLP Award for highest standing in income taxation
- Canadian Law Awards 2022, Commercial Litigation Case of the Year Excellence Awardee, for Pharmascience Inc. v. Pfizer Canada ULC
- IAM Patent 1000, Law Business Research Ltd., 2022
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Blog | December 01, 2022
Webinar | September 20, 2022
Publication | July 20, 2022