Partner, Canadian Co-Head of Information Governance, Privacy and Cybersecurity
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Risk advisory
Key industry sectors
John also maintains a general commercial civil litigation practice with a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring matters.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Alberta 2011
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Privacy and Data Protection, Chambers and Partners, 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2022: recommended in Data Protection & Privacy
- Federal privacy commissioner issues privacy law guidance bulletin during emergency pandemic.
- Data Privacy Day 2020 – Canadian Privacy Law Developments on the Horizon.
- Data Protection Report: Office of Privacy Commissioner says its status quo on consent requirements for data processing transfers.
- The Priority of Municipal Tax Claims in Receiverships: Addressing a Vexing Issue for the Courts and Practitioners, Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2018.
- Canada's Mandatory Privacy Breach Reporting Requirements Coming Into Force in Canada November 1.
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (co-author), Alberta Law Conference, 2012.
- Investigations to Support Just Cause Dismissals - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls (co-author).
- Workshop: Interactive Business Interruption Scenario, NetDiligence Cyber Risk Summit, Toronto, February 19-21, 2020.
- "Recent Developments in Data Privacy Regulation and Risk Mitigation and Compliance Strategies," Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech) 2019 Annual Conference, Toronto, October 28-29, 2019.
- "Privacy Law Considerations in Commercial Transactions," Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Business Law Section, Calgary, October 17, 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Chambers 2023 rankings show overall strength of Canadian team
September 29, 2022
Enthusiast Gaming advised in creating North America's largest gaming platform
September 14, 2020
Survey examines data privacy issues with COVID-19 contact tracing
May 12, 2020
Building cyber resiliency in the energy sector
Publication | February 06, 2023
Technology, privacy and cybersecurity summit
Webinar | October 26, 2022
Alberta OIPC’s 2022 PIPA Breach Report: Trends and Key Takeaways
Blog | September 05, 2022