Don Davies, QC
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Don Davies, QCvCard
Related services and key industries
Don Davies practises energy law, with a focus on the regulatory and litigation fields.
Mr. Davies has represented oil and gas producers, pipeline companies and industry organizations in proceedings before the National Energy Board for more than 30 years. He has acted for both proponents and intervenors in many applications for the approval of pipeline facilities and for the determination of pipeline tolls and tariffs. His cases typically involve complex environmental, aboriginal, constitutional, jurisdictional, economic and financial issues.
Mr. Davies also has extensive experience before the Alberta energy regulators, including the Alberta Energy Regulator and the Alberta Utilities Commission. He has acted for proponents of various energy projects, including oil sands developments, pipelines, power plants and well and field facilities. He also represents clients in regulatory proceedings relating to electrical power facilities and utility rates and services.
LL.B., University of Alberta, 1978
B.A.(Hons.), University of Calgary, 1975
- Alberta 1979
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Energy 2014, 2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Energy (Electricity); Energy (Oil & Gas)
- Acritas Stars 2020 - Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Chambers Global, Canada: Energy - Oil & Gas (Regulatory) (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Energy - Oil & Gas (Regulatory) (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2016-2021
- Chambers Canada, Alberta: Energy - Provincial Regulatory (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019-2021
- The Legal 500 Canada: Energy: Oil and Gas (Leading Lawyer), 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Energy Regulatory Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Energy Regulatory Law, Oil & Gas Law, 2014-2021
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2013): most frequently recommended in the area of Oil & Gas
- The International Who’s Who of Energy Lawyers (2012-2013)
- Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada (2012)
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2011-2012): Energy
- Who’s Who Legal (2010): Oil and Gas
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
September 09, 2020
August 27, 2020
February 01, 2018