Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Chase Holthe's practice covers a broad range of commercial litigation matters, with a focus on construction claims and contractual disputes. Chase has appeared as counsel at all levels of court in Alberta in trials, applications and appeals, as well as in complex international arbitrations.
Chase has represented numerous construction companies and professionals in disputes regarding contractual and liability issues. In addition to representing a Canadian hotel and condominium chain in a trial with regard to contractual disputes against numerous condominium purchasers, Chase was recently part of the team in an international arbitration, in which he acted for the former owners of a large oil sands construction company in a claim for over C$100 million relating to alleged breaches of representations and warranties under a share purchase agreement. The majority of these alleged breaches related to the status of major construction projects, delays, deficiencies, change orders, and percent of completion issues.
J.D., Dalhousie University, 2011
B.Mgt., University of Lethbridge, 2008
- Alberta 2012
- Obtained judgment for a large Canadian bank in a lawsuit against an energy company for millions of dollars in withheld advisory fees
- Represented a Canadian hotel and condominium chain through trial with regard to contractual disputes against numerous condominium purchasers
- Represented a group of investors through trial in determining fair value of shares of a Canadian oilsands company
- Represented many construction companies, large project developers, and construction professionals in contractual disputes and regarding liability issues.
- Acted for an international energy company against Canadian equipment manufacturer regarding defective equipment
- Represented the vendors of a Canadian oilfield construction company on a dispute with an American purchaser seeking the return of all or most of the purchase price on the basis of post-closing adjustments and alleged breaches of representations and warranties
- Dean’s List Dalhousie University, Schulich School of Law, 2009-2011
- Alistair Fraser Scholarship, 2010, 2011
- Canadian Law Book Company Family Law Prize (highest standing in Family Law), 2010
- Blake Cassels and Graydon Law Prize (highest standing in Business Associations), 2010
- The Davies Ward Phillips and Vineberg LLP Prize (highest combined mark in Business Associations, Commercial Law and Taxation), 2011
- The Stuart Clarke Lane Memorial Prize (highest standing in Administrative Law), 2011
- The George Isaac Smith Memorial Award (student who has achieved academic excellence and in faculty’s opinion shows the most promise of achieving exemplary standards of professional and public service), 2011
- “Insurance Against Liability - Negligence,” Insurance Institute of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, September 25, 2012.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
Publication | December 21, 2020
Publication | November 10, 2020
Publication | March 31, 2020 - 5 PM ET
Publication | March 23, 2020 - 5 PM ET