Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Allison Kuntz practises dispute resolution and regularly provides advice on contract, securities, directors' / officers' liability, tort, and product liability matters. Related to these issues she has represented clients in the pharmaceutical industry (class action defence and otherwise) and the energy and financial sectors, among others.
Allison has represented clients in the courts across Canada and in both domestic and international arbitrations.
Allison recently served on the firm's Canadian partnership committee and global supervisory board. She is a member of the Ontario and Alberta bars.
LL.B., Queen’s University, 2003
B.M., Indiana University, 1997
- Ontario 2004
The following are examples of the matters Allison Kuntz has been involved with:
- Representing a multi-national pharmaceutical company in a proposed class action in British Columbia related to an allegedly defective product and alleged breaches of consumer protection legislation
- Representing a multi-national oil and gas company in two international arbitrations related to audit rights under a joint venture agreement, both under the UNCITRAL Model Law
- Representing a multi-national pharmaceutical company in a product liability dispute before the Alberta courts
- Representing a Canadian healthcare and pharmaceutical company in a contractual dispute before the Alberta courts
- Representing a technology company in two international arbitrations arising from issues in the supply chain and allegations of bad faith, both administered by the American Arbitration Association
- Representing a multi-national oil and gas company in an international arbitration related to audit and other disputes arising under a production sharing agreement, which was administered by the International Chamber of Commerce
- Representing a franchisor with respect to a claim for damages arising from the termination of a franchise agreement
- Representing board of directors in a confidential investigation by the Alberta Securities Commission
- Representing a multi-national company on issues related to short selling, and liaising with the Alberta Securities Commission in that regard
- “Contract Law: Trends in Interpretation, Performance and Remedies” (co-author with Alan Mark), Negotiating and Drafting Major Business Agreements, Insight Information, Toronto, Ontario, February 2007 and February 2008.
- “Developments in Cross Border Workouts and Restructurings” (co-author with Derrick Tay and Jennifer Stam), Corporate Restructuring Conference, Federated Press, Toronto, Ontario, December 2005.
- “Shareholder Activism and the Ever Expanding Oppression Remedy: Where Are We Headed?” (co-author with Alan Mark), Securities Litigation, Toronto, Ontario, November 29, 2004.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada