Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Lincoln Mitchell practises corporate and commercial law related to energy and infrastructure projects, assisting domestic and international clients on a broad range of energy sector and business matters.
He has experience advising clients on share and asset acquisitions and divestitures, public-private partnerships, infrastructure and energy projects, project development and joint venture and partnership arrangements. He is experienced in negotiating, drafting and interpreting engineering, procurement and construction agreements, purchase and sale agreements, shareholder agreements, co-venture agreements and services agreements. Mr. Mitchell also practises in the area of business ethics and anti-corruption and regularly advises both domestic and international clients on such matters.
LL.M., Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law, University of Calgary, 2010
J.D., University of Southern California, 2006
B.A., Brigham Young University, 2002
- Alberta 2011
Mr. Mitchell has recently acted for the following clients:
- Alberta Electric System Operator in its Fort McMurray West 500 kV Transmission PPP Project
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) with its acquisition of Progress Energy for approximately $5 billion
- Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd with the development of an LNG project
- Agrium Inc. in the development of several brownfield projects at a fertilizer facility in northern Alberta
- A major US investment fund in structuring the management of its Canadian oil and gas assets
- A private energy company in connection with the development of its multi-billion dollar LNG project
- A major telecommunications company in relation to the potential acquisition of data centre services in western Canada
- A major European bank regarding the potential acquisition of one of the largest banks in Kazakhstan (including assisting the due diligence process)
- A private oil and gas company in connection with the development of its SAGD (steam-assisted gravity drainage) facility
- Managed the due diligence process regarding the potential acquisition of a derelict sulfuric acid plant in Kazakhstan
- "NAFTA Takings Update – The Glamis Decision" (2012), 5:1 Journal of World Energy Law and Business 27.
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (contributor), Alberta Law Conference, 2012.
- “CBM Legal Issues - the Western U.S.A. and Canada” (co-author: Allan Ingelson), 47 Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Journal 19, 2010.
- “The Glamis Regulatory Takings Claim and Compensation Under NAFTA” (co‑author: Alan Ingelson), Journal of World Energy Law and Business, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2009.
- “Coal and Coalbed Methane Development in the Flathead - An International Water Dispute” (co‑authors: Allan Ingelson and Sean Assie), Pacific McGeorge Global Business & Development Law Journal, Vol. 22, Number 2, 2010, 155.
- State Bar of California (inactive member)
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2020