Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Charles-Antoine Péladeau has a broad litigation practice with a strong focus on white-collar defence and commercial litigation.
Mr. Péladeau's practice involves conducting internal investigations and advising clients on compliance with the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act, the Competition Act, the Criminal Code, and similar legislation. In relation to such matters, he interacts with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC), as well as with other enforcement authorities. In 2022, he acted as counsel in the negotiations of the first-ever deferred prosecution agreement (DPA) to be entered into in Canada.
He also represents clients in complex commercial litigation involving novel issues and public law considerations. As a litigator in civil and commercial matters and in criminal and penal proceedings, Mr. Péladeau has appeared before all levels of Quebec courts.
Mr. Péladeau is also actively involved in the legal community. He is an affiliate researcher at the Class Action Lab of the University of Montreal and serves on the Legislation and Law Reform Committee of the Canadian Bar Association (Quebec Division).
He also taught in the Civil Law program of the University of Montreal and published books and legal articles, some of which have been referred to by the courts.
Certificate of Anti-Corruption Legal Studies, American University, Washington College of Law, 2019
LL.M. (Civil Law and Insurance Law), Université de Montréal, 2016
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2013
B.Sc. (Economics), Université de Montréal, 2010
- Quebec 2014
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2023
- LEXPERT Top 10 Business Decisions 2021-22 for R. c. SNC-Lavalin inc., 2022 QCCS 1967
- "Disclosing documents to law enforcement. What happens to privilege?" (with F. Fontaine), Norton Rose Fulbright, October 2022.
- "Recours et procédure en matière de concurrence" (with E. Lefebvre), in JurisClasseur Québec — Collection Droit des affaires — Droit de la consommation et de la concurrence, LexisNexis Canada, loose‑leaf.
- "Privacy at the border: routine searches of electronic devices breach the Charter" (with F. Fontaine), Norton Rose Fulbright, March 2021.
- La nature juridique du contrat de réassurance en droit civil québécois, Montreal: Themis, 2019.
- Le dialogue en droit civil (editor, with J. Torres Ceyte and G.-A. Berthold), Montreal: Themis, 2018.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Legislation and Law Reform Committee, Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Division
- Affiliate researcher, Class Actions Lab (University of Montreal)
- Young Bar of Montreal
Publication | October 28, 2022
Publication | March 30, 2021
Publication | November 10, 2020