Related services and key industries
Carole Gilbert practises corporate and commercial law, with a focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities matters, particularly in the mining sector. She has acted for public and private companies in public offerings, private placement financings and purchase and sale transactions and advises reporting issuers on corporate governance and ongoing compliance matters including compliance with NI 43-101 disclosure obligations.
Carole's practice also includes risk advisory on international standards of social risk management, anti-corruption and human rights due diligence, and she has conducted international human rights due diligence in Africa.
Carole is also a geologist and worked in gold, uranium and iron ore exploration in Canada, Australia, Mali and Guyana before becoming a lawyer. While studying law at McGill, Carole clerked for the chair of the Bureau de Décision et de Révision en Valeurs Mobilières (Quebec securities tribunal).
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2014
B.Sc. (Hons.), McGill University, 2007
- Ontario 2015
- Québec 2018
Carole has recently acted for the following clients:
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in connection with its $129 million financing package
- HEXO Corp. in connection with its joint venture for cannabis-infused beverages with Molson Inc.
- The board of directors of Agrium Inc. in connection with Agrium's $36 billion merger of equals transaction with Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
- LSC Lithium Inc. in connection with its reverse takeover of Oakham Capital Corp.
- Banro Corporation in connection with its $90 million gold forward sale transactions and gold streaming transaction with Gramercy Funds Management LLC
- Royal Nickel Corporation in connection with its $9 million bought-deal financing
- The underwriters in connection with the C$54 million bought-deal financing of Dundee Precious Metals Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with various issuances under its global covered bond programme
FIFA's human rights obligations provides a framework for change (Canadian Mining Journal)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ordre des géologues du Québec (Quebec association of professional geologists)
- Sclérodermie Québec
Publication | December 2018
Publication | April 2017