Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Connor Kense practises corporate and commercial law, with a focus on corporate finance, securities, banking and mergers and acquisitions. He also assists clients with corporate governance, continuous disclosure, regulatory compliance and general corporate matters.
During his articles, Mr. Kense completed a secondment with Imperial Oil Ltd., where he worked on a variety of matters in the oil and gas sector. During law school, Mr. Kense volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada and the Queen’s Law Journal, and received the Medal in Law for achieving the second highest overall average in his class. He also spent a semester studying law at the University of Hong Kong in 2014.
Prior to law school, Mr. Kense worked in banking and corporate restructuring, with a focus on the administration of corporate bankruptcies and receiverships.
- Alberta 2016
Clients for whom Mr. Kense has recently acted include the following:
- Cequence Energy Ltd. on its $8 million equity rights offering and $60 million debt restructuring
- A large, TSX-listed company on its successful defense against an activist shareholder
- The underwriters for EnCana Corporation's $1 billion offering of common shares
- Gibson Energy Inc. on its private placement of $350 million senior unsecured notes and supplemental placement of $250 million senior unsecured notes
- A Canadian-based private equity firm on various acquisitions of private companies in Canada and the United States, and the creation of a private investment fund to provide debt financing to its portfolio companies
- An institutional investor on its successful campaign for board representation at a large, publicly traded Canadian real estate investment trust
- A private oil and gas company on its sale, by plan of arrangement, with a transaction value of $30 million
- Medal in Law – second highest standing, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP Prize in Corporations and Taxation
- Queen’s University Prize in Competition Law
- Dean’s Honour List
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association