Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Brad Sollis is a partner in our business law team, where he advises private and public companies on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, the formation and structuring of businesses, financings and due diligence. He works with clients in a wide range of industry sectors, including manufacturing, technology, hospitality, infrastructure, real estate, mining and construction. He also regularly acts for private equity and venture capital firms in connection with acquisitions, divestitures and investments.
Mr. Sollis's experience includes providing legal advice in connection with transactional matters, as well as providing ongoing general corporate, commercial and strategic advice to large and small businesses. He has considerable experience with negotiating and drafting asset and share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial documents.
Before attending law school, Mr. Sollis completed the Canadian Securities Course.
LL.B., University of Manitoba, 2010
- British Columbia 2011
Mr. Sollis has acted for the following clients:
- Point Grey Research Inc. in connection with the US$259 million sale of substantially all of its assets and business to FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia and EduCo International Group in their acquisition of Acsenda School of Management
- QLT Inc. in connection with the definitive merger agreement entered into with Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- TELUS Ventures in connection with a convertible debt financing completed by Otono Networks Inc.
- Stern Partners Inc. and Westkey Graphics Ltd. in the acquisition of Capital Printing & Forms Inc. and 943495 Alberta Ltd. (dba Truckers Supply)
- Stern Partners Inc. in the acquisition of Thinkingbox Media & Design Inc.
- Interwest Restaurants Partnership in connection with its sale of 10 Wendy’s franchises to a US strategic acquiror
- Eli Global, LLC in its acquisition of CBV Collection Services Ltd. from Yellow Point Equity Partners II LP
- A local real estate company in connection with a $23 million hotel acquisition
- TELUS in its acquisition of Med Access Inc., an electronic medical records provider
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Association for Corporate Growth