Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Ryan Taylor is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a focus on electricity regulation, energy and natural resources.
Ryan assists our clients in a number of ways. He helps with asset transactions, electricity infrastructure projects, and the regulation of public utilities. Ryan's practice includes drafting submissions, agreements and transactional documents, advising on regulatory matters, analyzing contracts, conducting due diligence and title review, managing and organizing transactional closings, and preparing research memoranda.
- Alberta 2020
Ryan has acted in the following matters:
- Assisted senior counsel in drafting pleadings and filings in various regulatory proceedings involving the regulation of public utilities
- Assisted senior counsel in drafting and negotiating agreements relating to the construction and operation of co-generation facilities, renewable power facilities and battery energy storage facilities
- Conducted research relating to constructing and operating power plants and various regulatory issues related to electricity generation and market participation in Alberta and Ontario
- Assisted senior counsel in advising a private midstream company on its multi-billion dollar purchase of a natural gas gathering and process business with various activities, including managing closing documents and drafting conveyances, certificates, and resolutions
- Various title review and due diligence projects in connection with the purchase and sale of high volumes of oil and gas assets in Alberta and BC, including oil sands, conventional and horizontal drilling projects
- Reviewed and summarized restrictions on dispositions in agreements relating to an oil sands joint venture and related cogeneration, midstream, and carbon capture and storage facilities
- Dean's List, University of Calgary Faculty of Law, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Timmis Scholar, St. Michaels University School