Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Alisha Alibhai is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a focus on natural resources and energy. She has experience with both domestic and international energy matters.
Alisha helps our clients with asset and securities-based transactions. Her practice includes drafting and reviewing transaction materials, conducting due diligence and title review, managing transactional closings, and assisting clients with complex regulatory and commercial issues.
Alisha is a graduate of the International Energy Lawyers Program, and has been admitted to practise law in both Alberta and Texas.
- Alberta 2019
- Texas State Bar 2018
Alisha's recent client work includes the following matters:
- Black Swan Energy, a Calgary-based private energy company with operations in the northeast British Columbia Montney resource play, on its completed joint venture arrangement with AltaGas Ltd. and certain of its subsidiaries for C$186m
- Mocal Energy Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation, on its strategic disposition of a 5% interest in the Syncrude Oilsands Project to Suncor Energy Ventures Partnership for a purchase price of C$920m
- Title review and due diligence in connection with the purchase and sale of a high volume of Alberta oilsands assets
- Various clients with domestic and international oil and gas matters and transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, royalty issues, and oil and gas leasing matters
- Receiver-manager in insolvency proceedings with respect to corporate matters and transactions concerning energy-related companies, including drafting and reviewing transaction documents and managing transaction closings
- American Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- CBA Enterprise Risk Management Subcommittee
- Junior League of Calgary
- Pro Bono Law Alberta