Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Petra Vrtkova practises in commercial and corporate law, with a focus on financial institutions regulatory law, securities regulation and corporate governance.
Petra regularly advises Canadian public companies on their continuous disclosure obligations and governance issues and assists with questions related to executive compensation, including compensation structure and disclosure-related questions. She frequently drafts and reviews security-based compensation plans, management information circulars and corporate policies and advises public and private corporations on the best practices in corporate governance.
Petra's experience also includes acting for Canadian and international insurance companies, banks and alternative credit providers in connection with regulatory compliance, consumer protection and French language matters.
Petra currently serves as a director and corporate secretary of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra Foundation and Institut du Québec, a Montreal-based think tank.
Petra is fluent in French, English, Czech and Slovakian and she has a working knowledge of Spanish.
- Quebec 2018
- "Recent trends in governance and executive compensation" (jointly with Martin Latulippe, Debra Sisti and Catherine Simard), Montreal, October 2019.
- Regular presentations on new developments and best practices in corporate governance and executive compensation.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Institute of Corporate Directors
- Women in Communications and Technology
- Canadian Technology Law Association
Publication | December 11, 2020
Publication | December 4, 2020
Publication | November 30, 2020
Publication | July 8, 2020