Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jennifer Stam is a restructuring and insolvency lawyer. Her practice focuses on commercial insolvency, corporate restructuring, corporate law, bankruptcy and financial services.
Jennifer offers a broad range of services including in-and out-of-court restructurings, acquisitions, commercial financing transactions and enforcement matters. She has acted as counsel for debtors, secured and unsecured lenders, purchasers and court officers in several complex national and international matters.
Jennifer regularly publishes, teaches and speaks in this area of law and in 2021 taught an advanced insolvency restructuring law course for the Osgoode LLM program. She is on the advisory board of the insolvency section of Practical Law, the 2021 editorial board of the Annual Review of Insolvency Law, a member of the planning committee for the 2022 ARIL conference and the 2021 paper writing competition committee of the Insolvency Institute of Canada. Jennifer has also been an active member of the Turnaround Management Association – Toronto and Global for over 10 years including in the role of chapter president in 2020. In 2021, Jennifer served on the executive board of TMA Global and has been appointed the 2022 chair of the TMA Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committee.
- Ontario 2002
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2015-2024
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2017-2024
- Chambers Global, Canada: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2019, 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Insolvency & Financial Restructuring; 2016: Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Restructuring & Insolvency 2020
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Turnaround Management Association – Toronto chapter
- ARIL Society Inc.
February 01, 2023
September 29, 2022
August 25, 2022
Blog | March 02, 2023
Publication | Q1 2023
Webinar | November 9, 2022