The lawyers who comprise our global planning team have extensive experience guiding clients through sometimes complex and costly planning regulations and systems, along with advising on potential legal risks. We know our clients’ ability to deliver is at stake, as well as their reputations across a range of key industry sectors, including real estate, transport and energy.
Our knowledge of regional, national and international planning laws, combined with our prominent global footprint, enables us to deliver practical solutions on major domestic, international and cross-border projects. We act for developers, infrastructure providers, landowners, investors, occupiers, operators and governmental entities, providing a holistic view of issues arising from large-scale projects and real estate developments.
Our experience covers the full scope of planning issues, including advising on planning and re-zoning applications, amending planning schemes and ordinances, managing environmental assessments and investigations, and negotiating with regulatory authorities. We bring commercial awareness and political, technical and regulatory insight to the planning process, advising on every step from project inception to implementation.
Our areas of work include
- Appeals and public inquiries
- Compulsory purchase, eminent domain, land assembly and compensation
- Development and land taxes
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Economic incentives and programs
- Environmental law, including environmental assessments and habitat regulations assessments
- Negotiation of planning and infrastructure agreements
- Planning enforcement notices and appeals
- Planning, zoning and re-zoning applications and appeals
- Real estate
- Regulation and investigations
- Risk advisory