Our global agency finance team has a preeminent practice involving public agencies that participate in energy and infrastructure project financings domestically and around the world. We represent multilateral development banks, including members of the World Bank Group, the Inter-American Development Bank, US government development and export credit agencies such as Overseas Private Investment Corporation and US Export-Import Bank and numerous regional development banks active in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, as well as users of their various lending, guarantee and insurance programs.
Our lawyers understand these organizations and their programs, which require the most sophisticated project finance advice coupled with sensitivity to their social and environmental policy goals. To support clients in the agency finance arena, we have assembled a project finance team in Washington, DC, and worldwide with extensive experience working with these agencies in support of their projects across the globe.
Our areas of work include
- Banking and finance
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Debt financing
- Energy, infrastructure and resources
- Financial institutions
- Public-private partnerships (PPP)
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Projects: PPP and Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2023
- Chambers Global, Canada: Projects: PPP and Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Infrastructure and Projects, The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Public Procurement, The Legal 500, 2022