Our global debt capital markets team has substantial experience of advising banks, export credit agencies, multilaterals and other financial institutions, as well as institutional investors and international companies. We provide integrated cross-border advice, working together throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
We advise on a wide variety of debt capital markets transactions, including Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, traditional private placements into the United States, SEC registered transactions and US listings. Our strong position in global banking and finance has enabled us to represent banks and other financial institutions on some of the most important recent finance transactions under New York law and English law.
We have particular experience across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- 10b-5 opinions
- Bond restructuring transactions
- Convertible and exchangeable bonds
- High-yield and investment-grade bonds
- Islamic finance
- Liability management
- MTN, CP and CD programs
- Pre-IPO bonds
- Sovereign debt
- US corporate finance (including Rule 144A offerings, Regulation S issues and private placements)
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Capital Markets, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Canada: Capital Markets, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- IFLR 1000, Canada: Capital Markets, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Alberta: Capital Markets (Tier 1), Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Ontario: Capital Markets, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Québec: Capital Markets, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Capital Markets, The Legal 500, 2021