Major multinational corporates, commercial banks, infrastructure funds, developers and investors, government bodies, and multilaterals rely on our global team of infrastructure lawyers for its innovative approach, unprecedented legal capability and experience in the emerging markets. We have worked on many of the world’s leading infrastructure projects and our understanding of the competing priorities of each party in a transaction has established our reputation for completing complex projects within challenging deadlines.
With the rapid growth of technology generating new large-scale infrastructure projects, a stronger presence from the emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and China and innovative approaches to raising funds, including privatization, clients require a multi-disciplinary team to advise at every stage of a project, from inception to financing, real estate, construction, regulation and operation.
We work across every asset class from ports and airports to waste, water, and waste-to-energy facilities. We are particularly strong in the transport sector, covering rail, ports and roads, and are leaders in the rapid growth of infrastructure development in Africa and the Middle East, where we advise on everything from resource-related mines and ancillary infrastructure to telecoms towers and shopping malls.
Our areas of work include
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Banking and finance, including finance and security documents
- Capital markets
- Construction and engineering, including operation contracts
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Projects and project finance
- Public-private partnerships (PPP) and privatizations
- Real estate
- Renewables and sustainability
- Sourcing and technology
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Projects: PPP & Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500, Canada, Infrastructure and Projects, The Legal 500, 2019