Our global food and agribusiness lawyers have extensive experience focusing on the entire food and agribusiness value chain, advising clients worldwide on all aspects of their operations, including domestic and foreign investment acquisitions, initial public offerings, joint ventures, scientific cooperation agreements, international trade, land matters and technology licensing.
We advise the full spectrum of industry players, including companies involved in agribusiness and food production, processing and distribution, agrichemicals manufacturers, agricultural commodities processors, precision farming equipment manufacturers , alternative fuel producers, soft commodities traders and financial institutions.
With offices around the world, our global team is able to respond to the growing demands on the food and agribusiness industry – including increasingly complex regulatory requirements – to provide clients with complete legal coverage of the sector, from farm to fork.
Our soft commodities team has established a leading reputation in emerging and transitional markets, with extensive experience in financing the production, export, transport and warehousing of a vast range of soft commodities, including tobacco, coffee, cocoa, sugar, grains and edible oils, paper, cotton, textiles and carbon credits.
Our areas of work include
- Blockchain technology
- Contracts, including R&D and scientific cooperation agreements
- Environmental law
- Financial services
- Food safety and regulatory matters
- Investment funds
- Joint ventures
- Retail and consumer markets
- Sanctions and controls
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Technology and innovation, including technology licensing and branding
- WTO and international trade
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Agribusiness: Agriculture and Food Products, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Agribusiness, Chambers and Partners, 2019